Join Bryan L. Reuss, M.D., a double board-certified orthopaedic surgeon and sports medicine specialist, for this 30-minute on-demand webinar sharing the latest evidence-based practices used in treating injuries associated with musculoskeletal trauma of the hip and earn .5 CEUs.
This course focuses on evidence-based practices for use of the latest technology and surgical procedures used to treat orthopaedic conditions and sports medicine injuries associated with musculoskeletal trauma of the hip. It includes a brief overview of the related anatomy and function as well examination, assessment and diagnosis techniques. Postoperative management will be reviewed in athletes from these surgical procedures. Course content is designed to assist athletic trainers with acquiring the skills and knowledge to provide quality care, management and to improve patient outcomes with hip pathologies.
- Participants will be able to identify and discuss common hip injury pathologies in athletes that can be addressed with arthroscopic and endoscopic measures.
- Participants will be able to discuss and describe operative techniques of the hip to address these pathologies.
- Participants will be able to discuss and describe postoperative care, management and outcome expectations for athletes with these procedures
- Participants will be able to implement and enhance clinical knowledge and skills of orthopaedic injury evaluation to improve patient outcomes.
- Participants will be able to discuss and integrate current research findings related to orthopaedics to improve clinical practice and quality of care.
The material covered in this webinar includes domains 2 and 4 of the BOC Role Delineation/Practice Analysis, 7th edition (Examination, Assessment and Diagnosis and Therapeutic Intervention). According to the education levels described by the Professional Development Committee of the NATA, the following continuing education course is considered to be Advanced Level to offer continuing education for Certified Athletic Trainers.
- Athletic Trainers
- Orlando Orthopaedic Center Foundation is recognized by the Board of Certification, Inc. to offer continuing education for Certified Athletic Trainers. This program has been approved for a maximum of 0.5 hours of Category A continuing education. Certified Athletic Trainers are responsible for claiming only those hours actually spent participating in the continuing education activity
(This course is not approved for other allied healthcare professions. All other healthcare professionals must self-report.)
- Total CEUs Awarded: 0.5
- Course Type: On-Demand Webinar/Virtual
- For online quizzes: All users must first view the online presentation prior to taking the CEU quiz.
- You are allowed to take the quiz three times. A passing score is 70% (percent). You must pass the quiz in order to earn your CEUs.
- Each quiz consists of multiple choice and/or true/false questions; you may take as long as you like to complete the quiz; leaving and returning to the Foundation Continuing Education webpage will allow you to resume incomplete quizzes at the next question.
- After successfully completing each quiz and program evaluation, you may print a completion Statement of Credit. Under the selected course, press “Click here to view results” to retrieve your Statement of Credit. You will also receive an emailed Statement of Credit after the completion of the course. This Statement of Credit should be added to your CEU folder and reported to the BOC.
No cancellations or refunds will be granted for any on-demand course. For all inquiries contact Andy Reber at email@example.com.